Coloradans can buy health insurance, as a new customer, from the health insurance marketplace if they have a special circumstance, known as a qualifying life event, which include the situations below. Those eligible for Medicaid or Child Health Plan Plus can enroll any time of the year.
- Marriage, birth, adoption, and placement for foster care
- You lose access to minimum essential coverage (involuntary loss of coverage)
- Your employer-provided coverage is no longer available
- You become a resident of Colorado
If you have Medicare, you’re considered covered and don’t have to make any changes. If you have Medicare, you can’t use the Marketplace to buy a supplemental plan or dental plan.
The annual Marketplace Open Enrollment begins on November 15, 2014 and ends on February 15, 2015. If you would like you plan to start on January 1 you need be enrolled by December 15, 2014.
CS AdvoCare does not provide advice on Marketplace plans however, we can provide contact information for marketplace navigators, brokers, and enrollment information.
CS AdvoCare—Our Services
We are here to assist you, a family member or someone you know. Our services include:
- Consulting— Medicare and Social Security. Review your health insurance coverage.
- Accounting/Fiduciary— Provide personal bookkeeping services. Serve as power of attorney, trustee, or as a conservator for either financial or medical decisions.
- Medical Claims—Tracking medical claims and medical costs for tax reporting. Handling appeals.
- Lunch and Learn for employers and their employees to understand Medicare and Social Security.
To learn more or to arrange a consultation, please call us at 303-755-1845